Get Weatherzone Plus+ on Android now!
Weatherzone Plus play.google.com.weatherzoneplus
Finally Australia's favourite weather app, Weatherzone Plus+, has now arrived on Android.
Weatherzone uses Bureau of Meteorology forecasts and our meteorologists to produce accurate forecasts for Australia and the world.
For serious weather watchers, who rely on weather for work or play, Weatherzone Plus+ gives you all the free app features plus more. These include 3 hourly forecasts, graphs of forecast temperatures over the next 48 hours and more detailed rain forecasts. You can also store unlimited favourites for rapid access.
What features are exclusive to Weatherzone Plus+?
- Exclusive 3 hourly temperature, icon, wind and rain probability forecasts for the next 48 hours for all major Australian locations from Opticast®
- 7 day forecasts for 2000+ Australian locations for minimum, maximum temperature, icon, rain probability/likely amount and 9am/3pm wind.
- 1000+ international location forecasts and observations
- Exclusive Australian synoptic map with rain areas and amounts for 7 days (drawn by weatherzone meteorologist every 12 hours)
- Real-time observations of temperature, wind speed and direction, dew point, relative humidity, pressure and rain since 9 am
- Easily cycle through nearby locations
- GPS search for current location
- Sunrise and Sunset times
- Max UV rating
- Dynamic animated backgrounds that change as the weather does
- Real-time weather warnings
- Animated radar from 58 locations around Australia
- Animated National and State composite radars
- Animated satellite of Australia
- Can store and display UNLIMITED favourite locations
Opticast® uses real time observations and up to 10 global weather prediction models that are intelligently combined to build the most accurate high resolution short term forecasts available to the Australian public.
How do we provide more forecasts than the others?
We source data from the Bureau of Meteorology and then fill the gaps with our own team of professional meteorologists and in-house high resolution forecasting models.
Who is Weatherzone?
Weatherzone is Australia's largest commercial meteorological organisation supplying most of Australia's media, electricity companies and other weather sensitive industries. Weatherzone uses Bureau of Meteorology resources and unique internally developed computer modeling to produce the most accurate forecasts available in Australia. We are a team of meteorologists and developers that are dedicated to providing innovative weather services.
What's in this version : (Updated : Dec 10, 2013)
- Fixed satellite layer on Google Maps animator (Beta)
- Bug Fixes
Required Android O/S : 2.1+